Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crazy Weight Loss "Tea"

Does this look like tea to you? Not me!
I've been working a little harder at losing weight lately. (Darn holiday treat weight won't come off!) For a while I was just focusing on figuring out what to eat on my new vegan diet. Now, I'm paying more attention to how much to eat.

Alicia Silverstone's Kind Diet was one of the things that inspired me to try and go vegan. She says that just by eating vegan, you'll automatically lose weight - not true.

But she also has different levels to her diet. I'm beyond the "Flirt" phase - just trying more vegan foods. I'm not quite to the "Super Hero" level - all whole grains, veggies and legumes and very little fun stuff like vegan sour cream and french fries. So, I guess I am well into the "Vegan" phase, taking baby steps toward Super Hero.

She also gives tips for faster weight loss. One of these is a recipe for a Weight Loss Tea. I tried it last night for the first time. It was really strange. Here's the recipe:

Kind Diet Weight Loss Tea
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup shredded daikon
1 cup water
2 drops shoyu (soy sauce)
1/4 sheet nori ripped into little pieces (seaweed like they wrap around sushi)

Weird, right?

You're supposed to boil the carrot, daikon and water, add the shoyu and simmer for 3 minutes and then add the nori and "drink hot."

I read this over and over because this does not sound like tea to me - it sounds like soup. So, I ate it with a spoon from a bowl. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't tea! Why does she call it that?

You are supposed to drink it for 10 days in a row on an empty stomach. I guess I'll give it a go and see how it works. I'll let you know!


Have you ever eaten or drank anything for weight loss that was just down right bizarre? Make me feel better - post a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. How's that soup, I mean tea, working out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... it's kind of a pain in the butt to make. And I keep forgetting about it. So I haven't been drinking it every day. But I do want to try it for 10 days and see what happens. You never know! :)

    ReplyDelete