Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Santa Barbara Loves Vegans and Dogs!

This weekend the Sweetie and I packed up our little dog and set out on a road trip up the coast. Destination: Santa Barbara.

I was super excited to spend a few days in such a beautiful place. I was so ready for a relaxing getaway. But I couldn't help feeling a little anxious. To me, one of the best things about vacation is the food - finding new restaurants, indulging in yummy desserts and trying new things. 

And, we had never taken the dog on a trip before. So, I was a little nervous about how she would do - in the car, in the hotel and how she would be if we had to leave her alone.

So, before we took off, I did a little research and was pleasantly surprised to see there were a few vegan restaurants, not far from our hotel. And, most of them were dog friendly! Santa Barbara rocks!

Check out some pics from our adventure.

Saturday was gloomy, but the sky was amazing.

Sunday was perfect!

The snow on the mountains was completely melted by noon.

Stearns Wharf was about five minutes from the hotel.

How you walk a 14-year-old pekeinese.
  
My family :)


If you happen to be traveling to Santa Barbara soon and want to try some yummy, vegan-friendly restaurants, here are my suggestions:
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. How you walk a 14 yr old pekinese, I think the
    Dog was thinking I want my Gramdma!!!!!!!
    Hi Angie Love Mama

    ReplyDelete