Saturday, February 26, 2011

Angiebertos #5 - One Soyrizo Burrito To Go

 
Not exactly like Adalbertos #5, but delicious in its own way!
So far, I've done all my blogging late at night - after the dishes are washed, email is checked and I'm done catching up on American Idol... :) But I just made a breakfast so delicious, I couldn't wait to share it!

One of my guilty pleasures was chorizo. I have no idea what's in it - never wanted to because I'm sure it's gross. But I loved to splurge on it when out to breakfast at Mexican restaurants. Obviously, I'm not eating chorizo as part my new vegan lifestyle, but I found the next best thing... Soyrizo!

Ok, I know it sounds weird, but it's actually super similar in flavor and texture to the real thing. And it's much healthier. So, even if you aren't vegan, but trying to watch your calories, try it!

You could also make this with eggs instead of tofu and bell peppers instead of greens. Go wild! Here's what I did with it - super simple.


Soyrizo Breakfast Burrito
1/4 onion diced
3 cloves garlic diced
1 bunch kale (or some sort of green from my CSA box)
1/2 pkg Soyrizo
1 pkg extra firm tofu
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/4 cup shredded Daiya cheddar "cheese"
1 dallop (love that word!) vegan sour cream
1/4 avocado


Saute the onion, garlic and greens until soft. Throw in the tofu and soyrizo and mix together. Cook about 5 minutes until its cooked through.

Warm your tortilla, layer your ingredients, roll up and enjoy!

This would also be delicious (and still vegan) with a side of fried potatoes or with the potatoes mixed in!


What's your favorite weekend breakfast? Post it below!

And check out the new poll question!

2 comments:

  1. Cream of wheat (slightly roasted first) made with lots of milk and cardamom, almonds, raisins and sugar!!! And it always tastes better when my mom makes it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...moms make everything better! I've never cooked with cardamom - I'll have to try it! Thanks for sharing - sounds like a nice warm meal for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete