Saturday, September 21, 2013

Session 3, Week 4: Chillaxin' in Paradise

Sitting on our condo's lanai in Kauai, I'm in heaven.

I'm just steps from the ocean where a family of turtles splashes around.



Mighty palms sway in the wind against gigantic white clouds and a bright blue sky. Waves crash loudly onto black lava rocks and the song of exotic birds fills the salty, plumeria-scented air.

Sounds like a cliché, right? Wait, it gets better!

It just started to rain and - I kid you not - there's now a vibrant rainbow stretched across the sky above me, from the mountains to the sea! Freaking magical!

The baby is sleeping in the other room and I am completely relaxed.

Finally!

Despite being smack in the middle of paradise, it's taken me a few days to get to this feeling.

I'm not sure when I went from "laid-back, go-with-the-flow Angie," to "type-A, go-go-go, what's-the-plan-now? Angie" ... I think it started when we were planning our wedding, and has continued to intensify as I've become a working mom.

Add to that the anxiety of wanting really badly to stick to the Body Back eating plan, but also wanting really badly to enjoy that local beer, or mai tai, or slice of fresh mango pie. Nine times out of ten, I've gone for the pie, but then felt guilty for giving in. That's no fun!

So, from here on out I'm going to reflect on the good choices I've made:
  • Getting up early each day for a run or long walk.
  • Writing everything down in my food journal
  • Taking an amazing oceanfront yoga class
  • Eating lots of salads and fresh grilled fish

And, I decided to sign up for a fourth session of Body Back! So, whatever the scale says when I get back, I know I will have the next 12 weeks to get back to where I want to be and spend some time learning how to maintain it.

But for now, I am here in this tropical paradise - chillaxing, oceanfront, feeling the island vibe! And I have just 2 more days, so I better make the most of it and enjoy the magic while it lasts!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment