Thursday, September 5, 2013

Session 3, Week 2 + What Not to Do Between Body Back Sessions

I owe my great results from Session 2 to our instructor Ashley!
By the second-to-last week of my last Body Back session, I was within a pound of my goal weight!

So I put all of my focus into the eating plan and workouts. I kept thinking, "I don't need that <insert bad food choice here>. I just have a few more days."

I passed up desserts, avoided alcohol, planned my meals and snacks, drank my water, worked out hard. And I did it! I surpassed my goal and realized amazing overall results. I was so excited and proud!

And then I went nuts...


Got creative with my son's birthday cake. Wish the Tiki mask would have scared me away!
First there was the catered lunch meeting with brownies for dessert, then there was the co-worker's birthday bundt cake, then there was leftover cake and cookies from my son's birthday - and Mai Tais (it was Hawaiian themed!) And the splurging went on and on...

When I weighed in on Tuesday, I had gained 5 lbs! 5! In one week!

Easy on, easy off?
Luckily, instead of getting discouraged, I started session 3 refocused and determined to get rid of as much of those 5 lbs as I could in one week. I figured, "easy on, easy off." Right?

Not exactly.

I did great the first half of the week. By about day 3 it started getting tough. And then it was Labor Day weekend. But I did all of my workouts. And overall, I did pretty well. I was back down 2.8 at the weigh in.

I'm hoping to say goodbye to the other 2.2 lbs by next Tuesday, and in order to do that, I need to get a little more diligent about my eating. I still have 4 days. But weekends can be tough, so I'll need to be extra aware and plan ahead.


Transitioning to maintenance
It's only week 2, but I'm already thinking about what I'm going to do when this session ends. Whether I decide to do a fourth session or not, I need a plan so that I don't make the same mistake I made the last 2 times.

I'm working so hard and seeing such great results during the sessions, that I need to make sure I don't ruin it by going completely berserk the minute I walk out the door on the last assessment day.

So, I think during this session I need to focus more on maintenance ... once I lose the 2.2 lbs of birthday cake! Then I can focus on clean eating for the sake of feeling good and on getting stronger and faster.

Stay tuned to see how it goes!

Learn more about Body Back:https://www.facebook.com/BodyBackSD
http://sandiego.fit4mom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment