Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm Thankful for Pie!

Ok, I know Thanksgiving was forever ago. But things were so busy at the time that didn't have time to share all the fun stuff I made.

If you missed it, check out my last blog about the scrumptious vegan green bean casserole I made.

Now for the dessert! What's more Thanksgiving than pumpkin pie? I made two - one for each of our family parties, and everyone loved them.

I started with pre-made frozen pie crusts and used this recipe for the filling. It was super easy! You just throw all of the ingredients in the blender, pour in the crust, bake and done.


I even found a recipe for vegan whipped topping. You just take a can of chilled coconut milk and whip the thick part that rises to the top with a little sugar. It's not exactly the same as whipped cream, but it does the trick!

I know Thanksgiving isn't only about food, but it's definitely a big part of it! And between my green bean casserole, stuffing, pie, and the special batch of mashed potatoes my mom made me - I didn't feel like I was missing out at all!

Don't want to miss any of my bliss-seeking adventures? Follow me by email! Just enter your email address in the top right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment