Friday, September 2, 2011

Sushi-Inspired Rolls And Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

I know I say this all the time, but this week I have been trying really hard to get back on track! I've been tracking my points and my workouts and trying to balance it all out. And, so far so good!

Yesterday at dinner time, I needed to make something light but filling. I had picked up some wasabi and pea flavored hummus at the Little Italy Farmers Market that I wanted to use, so I came up with these veggie-filled sushi-inspired collared green rolls. It was the perfect light dinner.

Here's how I did it:

Sushi-Inspired Rolls
4 collard green leaves (washed and de-stemmed)
handful each of carrots and cucumbers cut into match-sized sticks
2 Tbsp wasabi and pea hummus
splash of soy sauce

Just spread on the hummus, add the veggies, roll it up and enjoy!

You could also do this with cabbage, lettuce leaves or even nori (seaweed). And if you don't have wasabi hummus, you could try making it by adding some wasabi to some plain hummus, or just spread a super thin layer of straight wasabi.

I will definitely make this again and next time I want to try it with avocado and maybe even some rice. Yum!

Oh, and tonight I came up with a new flavor of my favorite homemade vegan soft serve - chocolate chip! I just made it as usual by throwing about a banana and half worth of frozen banana chunks in the food processor and adding a little vanilla almond milk. Then I added a few drops of vanilla extract and a handful of chocolate chips while it was processing.

I had totally forgotten about the cold-induced tooth sensitivity I've been having lately until I took a big bite - ouch! So I had to wait until it got really melty and eat it very slowly - and even then I got a few sharp shooting pains, but it was so worth it! Scrumptious!

Seriously - if you haven't tried this yet - do it! It will change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment